We at CRMLS work to keep every user up-to-speed on critical updates. Emails from us announce new or improved products, give notice of planned system maintenance and downtime, and afford you opportunities to correct rules violations before they become citations.
The last point is especially important. Many times, when CRMLS Compliance issues citations, users give us the following reasons for not knowing about them: “I didn’t get an email from you,” or “It went to my old address,” or, “I don’t read my emails.” You need to be aware that for Compliance purposes, these reasons are insufficient to either excuse or mitigate a Rules violation. In fact, pursuant to CRMLS Rule 12.22, every participant is required to maintain a “current, accurate and active email address at which they may be contacted.” As a result, any admission by a participant that they are not getting (or reading) emails from CRMLS may lead to an additional citation for violation of Rule 12.22!
So- Please note carefully that:
It is your responsibility to ensure your contact information, including your email address, is correct and up-to-date. It is your responsibility to check your email.
If you’re checking and reading your emails, great! Thank you for keeping lines of communication open. If not, please take a moment to make whatever changes are necessary to ensure that you don’t miss anything!
To check and update your email address, simply complete the following steps:
- In Matrix, click on Roster, then Agent Roster, then Yellow Pages.
- Look up your ID to see what email address is currently on file.
- If your email address is correct, great! If not, follow steps 4-6.
- In Matrix, click on Add/Edit, then Roster/Quick Modify.
- Enter your Login Id. Click Edit, then Change Contact Information.
- Enter your correct email address in the Email field, then click Submit Member.