Coming Soon allows listing agents to take up to 21 days to stage properties, take interior photos, prepare them for showings, and so on, without Days on Market accruing.
Within one (1) business day of any public marketing of the property, the Listing Broker must ensure the listing is in Active or Coming Soon status.
How is Coming Soon similar to Active?
- • Marketing is allowed in both statuses, so long as Coming Soon listings are clearly marked as Coming Soon.
- • Both Coming Soon and Active listings are fully displayed to other professional users of MLS systems.
- • The listing agent offers a commission on both Coming Soon and Active listings.
How is Coming Soon unique?
- • Coming Soon listings have limited distribution: they will not go out from the MLS to portals like Trulia, and Realtor.com, however, the public can view Coming Soon listings on sites that receive a CRMLS IDX feed, such as agent and broker websites.
- • Showings are not permitted in Coming Soon.
- • Because of these limitations, Days on Market do not count in Coming Soon.
Coming Soon Status
The Listing Information section includes Coming Soon as a status option. The On Market Date field is required if Coming Soon is chosen. The date must be within 21 days of the listing input date.