Rapattoni: How to Exclude a Listing
Follow the steps outlined below to exclude your listing from the MLS and remain compliant with Rule 7.9.
STEP ONE: Obtain Instruction from the Seller(s) to Exclude
- If using the C.A.R. Form RLA (revised 6/20) and completing Paragraph 7.D.1, an additional exclusion form is NOT required.
- If using the C.A.R. Form RLA (revised 6/20) and completing Paragraph 7.D.2, a C.A.R. Form SELM or an equivalent exclusion form compliant with Rule 7.9.1 is required in addition to the listing agreement.
- If using a version of the C.A.R. Form RLA older than 6/20, or, a broker created listing agreement, a C.A.R. Form SELM or an equivalent exclusion form compliant with Rule 7.9.1 is required in addition to the listing agreement.
STEP TWO: Complete Online Submission Form and Provide Documentation
- Go to https://go.crmls.org/crmls-rapattoni-exclude-listing/
- Click on Step #2
STEP THREE: Enter Information Regarding the Listing
- Enter all pertinent information regarding the listing that is to be excluded from the MLS
- Enter the date in which the listing is to be entered in the MLS.
Please note: If the listing is to be excluded for the entire listing agreement period, do NOT enter a date in the “Submit Property to the MLS on” field as mentioned above. Instead, click the checkbox that specifies the listing will not be submitted during the entire listing agreement period.
- Click Next
- Specify which form was obtained.
- Click Next
- Click the “Select Files” button and locate the signed exclusion form on your computer using the browser which will open automatically. Then, choose the appropriate file.
- Click Submit
STEP THREE: Online and Email Confirmation
When successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation on the screen and will receive a confirmation separately via email which will include the information and attached form submitted on the online form.
EXTENDING THE EXCLUSION PERIOD
Obtain written authorization from the Seller that specifies the new submission date PRIOR to the expiration date of the exclusion period, then complete steps 1-3 above.
STEP THREE: Input the Listing into the MLS per the Seller’s Instruction
Please note: if the Seller has instructed in the Exclusion Form that the Property is not to be submitted to the MLS for the entire listing agreement period, do not complete this step.
- Click here to chat live with a Compliance Analyst Monday-Friday, from 8:30am-4pm.