CRMLS VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE (VOH) FAQ
With the new Virtual Open House options in MLS systems, you may find new buyers virtually!
Just treat them like normal Open Houses where you can answer questions live and pitch your listing, except they are being done virtually.
What is a Virtual Open House?
- A Virtual Open House is a “live” event where you can use an online video conferencing platform (i.e. Zoom, GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts, etc.) to provide a tour of the property virtually.
- You may find additional information on Virtual Showing and Virtual Open Houses here.
What’s the difference between a Virtual Public and Virtual Broker?
- A Virtual Public is an Open House that is set up for the general public to attend.
- A Virtual Broker is an Open House that is set up for brokers/agents to attend. It is not available to the public.
What’s the difference between a Virtual Open House and a Virtual Tour?
- A Virtual Open House is a “live” event, in which you show the property virtually during a specific timeframe (i.e. 9:00am-10:00am).
- A Virtual Tour is a pre-recorded tour of the property, which can be viewed at any time.
What is the benefit of a Virtual Open House versus a Virtual Tour?
- A Virtual Open House allows the listing agent/broker to help answer any questions live, like a real Open House. This is as opposed to a Virtual Tour, which only provides a video of the property.
What is the timeframe, if any, for Broker and Public Virtual Open Houses?
- The Listing Agent/Broker will select the timeframe for Virtual Open Houses. There is no specific timeframe.
- The Virtual Open House should not be used for 24-hour showings, as this would be a Virtual Tour.
Can we post a Branded Virtual Tour in a Virtual Open house?
- No. Branded Virtual Tours have their own section on the listing input. You may find additional information on how to enter a Virtual Tour into your listing here.
Can the Virtual Open House link be entered into the public remarks in the MLS?
- • Yes, you can put your Virtual Open House link in the public remarks of the MLS. However, as of 6/12/2020, we have been informed that third party portals like Zillow and Realtor.com are scrubbing these links from their websites.
What options do we have for Vacant properties?
- Vacant properties would be handled the same way. There is no difference based on vacancy.
What do you do when owners are occupying the property?
- If you are going to be entering the property, get the Owners to sign a C.A.R. PEAD Form
- You may find the C.A.R. PEAD Form here or on C.A.R. zipForms .
Do Virtual Open Houses syndicate to other websites? (i.e. Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, Realtor.com, etc)
- If the Broker has opted in for syndication, the Virtual Open Houses will syndicate to appropriate websites.
How would I create a Virtual Open House link?
- You will setup the Virtual Open House on the online video conferencing platform that you are using. (i.e. Zoom, GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts, etc.).
- You may find additional information on how to setup and host a Zoom meeting here.
You may find additional Virtual Open House and Virtual Showing information here.