All emails sent through CRMLS Matrix have an unsubscribe link allowing recipients the ability to unssubscribe from receiving additional emails from CRMLS Matrix. There are different unsubscribe options available that your client can choose from when they receive Direct or Auto Email. The instructions below will be discussed thoroughly. The benefit of this feature is you will be notified if the member has marked your email as spam.
1. Unsubscribe from Direct Emails
Direct emails are Listing or CMA data that have been sent to your client by clicking on the email button within CRMLS Matrix. If your client chooses to opt out of these emails they will have the following options to unsubscribe:
Option 1: Unsubscribe from ALL future system emails from a specific real estate professional.
This option is used when the recipient believes they are reciving unrequested email from you. This automatically happens when your email was marked as Spam by the recipient. If they unsubscribe or mark you as spam, this will block only you from sending additional email to that recipient.
Option 2: Unsubscribe from all future system emails from ANY real estate agent at the MLS.
This option is used when the recipient believes they are receiving unrequested email and are not interested in receiving future emails from any real estate professional through the multiple listing systm (MLS). This will block all real estate professionals from sending additional email to that email address.
2. Unsubscribe from an Auto Email
Auto Email will have a third option for the recipient to unsubscribe. The recipient can disable a Specific Auto Email. This is used when the recipient no longer wishes to receive updates or wants to adjust the search criteria for a specific auto email. You can modify or re-enable this auto email at your discretion.
In all cases, if your email was unsubscribed to, marked as spam or even disabled, you will be sent an email notification letting you know that your client has unsubscribed to your email. You can assist your client if they unsubscribed by mistake.
How to Re-subscribe to Direct or Auto Email:
1. If your client has unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link in their email. They can re-subscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address they unsubscribed from.
Re-Subcribing will remove all blocks assigned to that recipient and allow the recipient to receive email through Matrix again. This email can be left blank, no subject or body text required.
2. If your client accidently has marked an email as spam through their email provider (such as AOL, MSN, Hotmail) re-subscribing might not be enough. The clients need to notify their email provider that they want to receive future emails from CRMLS Matrix. The following links under ISP Specific Help will direct clients to what steps to take.
Internet Service Provider (ISP) Specific Help links:
- AOL (AOL Browser/Mail Toolbar): http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKCPopup&docType=kc&externalId=219050
- AOL Webmail: https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-spam-and-privacy
- MSN/Hotmail/Live: http://email.about.com/od/windowslivehotmailtips/qt/Remove_an_Address_from_Your_Blocked_Senders_in_Live_Hotmail.htm
- Yahoo: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/sln3227.html