Internet Data Exchange (IDX) allows your clients to search for listings from a designated area on your website that is powered by a CRMLS Frame Link Solution. The IDX Solution allows you to display CRMLS listings on your website by “framing” the search engine. This guide will show you how to access and customize the CRMLS Matrix frameable solution.
Setting up the Matrix IDX Frameable link
Follow the steps below to set up your Matrix Frameable link.
1. Select Settings from the “Utility Menu” located under your name tab.
3. Set your settings on the IDX Configuration page by first naming your IDX page.
4. Next, select which form to use; My Listings or Map Search.
5. Under Map Area, select from one of three available options. If you choose to define a map area, click Set Map Area to select the desired location and then click Save.
6. Under the “Activation” section, choose IDX Enabled.
7. Under “Other Options,” place a check mark in the box to Include Sign-Up Form and type an optional Sign-Up Message. This feature will give consumers the ability to submit their contact information. When you are done, click the Save button.
8. Matrix will generate the HTML code that you or your webmaster will need in order to embed (frame) your new IDX page onto your website. Copy the HTMLS code located in the “Activation” section and paste where desired.
9. You can always click the “Preview” tab throughout this process to preview what your finished IDX page will look like.
IDX Map Search
With a similar style to the Matrix Client Portal, the new IDX (Internet Data Exchange) Map Search allows you to tailor the Map to meet your specific business needs. For each IDX Map Search:
- Select appropriate search forms (My Listings, or Map Search);
- Set mapping defaults including limiting search results to a specific area;
- Provide an optional “sign up” feature; set per IDX Map Search.
IDX Consumers can:
- Specify search criteria by property type;
- Modify the map criteria using zoom levels and map shapes;
- Mark listings as Possibilities, which are stored in a cookie per device;
- Send the Agent a Contact Request.
IDX Contact Request Form
From your IDX Map Search Page, a consumer can sign up and send you their contact information via the Contact Request Form.
When a consumer clicks to Sign up, they will be prompted to submit their Name, Email Address, and optionally a Phone Number and a brief message. The consumer will also be given the opportunity to include up to 5 properties they have selected from a search result as their Possibilities.