Coming Soon allows listing agents to take up to 21 days to stage properties, take interior photos, prepare them for showings, and so on, without Days on Market accruing.
Within one (1) business day of any public marketing of the property, the Listing Broker must ensure the listing is in Active or Coming Soon status.
How is Coming Soon similar to Active?
- Marketing is allowed in both statuses, so long as Coming Soon listings are clearly marked as Coming Soon.
- Both Coming Soon and Active listings are fully displayed to other professional users of MLS systems.
- The listing agent offers a commission on both Coming Soon and Active listings.
How is Coming Soon unique?
- Coming Soon can only be used for a maximum of 21 days (except New Construction).
- Showings of any kind are not permitted, by the listing broker or otherwise.
- Days on Market do not count while in the status of Coming Soon
- Coming Soon listings do not go out from the MLS in listing distribution data feeds, but they do go out in IDX data feeds.
Coming Soon Status
When adding a listing with the Coming Soon status, you must start on the General Tab and select the Property Type.
Complete the fields in the Address tab and proceed to the Main Fields tab.
Click the dropdown arrow in the Status field and select Coming Soon.
In the Start Showing Date field, enter the date (not to exceed 21 days from the listing date) and continue entering your listing.
You can find the CRMLS Coming Soon Form at CRMLS.org > Compliance, or by clicking here.
For more information regarding the Coming Soon status, click here.